Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This was in the Penzey's winter '08 catalog. I used TLC crackers, but think the saltines would be better, or just add salt next time. We used 20 ounces of tilapia fillets. There was a little breading left over. Mural of Flavor is a Penzey's seasoning.
- 6 (5 -6 ounce) cod fish fillets (or your favorite white fish)
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup saltine crackers, crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon mural of flavor seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 550° F (the temperature is high to make cooking quicker and to crisp the breading.).
- In a pie pan, mix together the cracker crumbs, Parmesan, Mural of Flavor and pepper.
- Dip the fish in the melted butter and then roll in the cracker crumb mixture.
- Place the fish in a baking dish and bake at 550° for 15 minutes.
- Broil for 3-5 minutes to nicely brown the fish, if desired. (I think this depends upon how thick your filets are.).