Recipe by WI Cheesehead
This just came in Penzey's Spring '08 catalog. We tried this and it was really yummy! I added the 1 more cup of asparagus and you could use Egg Beaters to reduce the cholesterol. I adjusted the seasonings just a bit.
- 2 cups cooked ham, chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 2 -3 cups fresh asparagus, cut into 1/2 to 1 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 teaspoon cracked rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon granulated garlic or 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2-1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425°F Lightly grease a 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Melt butter in frying pan over medium heat; add the asparagus and green onions and saute until tender, about 8 minutes, stirring frequently.
- If you like, add the ham to saute for the last 2 minutes.
- When they vegetables are tender, add them to the baking pan along with the ham.
- In a large bowl, beat together the eggs, milk mixed with flour, Parmesan cheese, salt, thyme, rosemary, garlic and pepper.
- Beat until smooth and pour over the ham mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Bake an additional 3-5 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Let set a few minutes before cutting and serving.