1 hr 25 mins
1 hr 10 mins
Ann Marie F's Note:
Recipe from Penzeys Spices winter 2009 catalog. I haven't made this but I want it in my cookbook so I'm posting it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups unbleached flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup walnuts (optional) or 1 cup pecans, coarsely chopped (optional)
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chip (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups bananas, very ripe and well mashed (3 bananas)
- 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1Preheat oven to 325°F Grease a large 9x5 loaf pan and set aside.
- 2Stir the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, nuts and chocolate chips together in a large bowl and set aside.
- 3In a medium bowl, mix the mashed bananas, yogurt, eggs, butter and vanilla together.
- 4Lightly fold the banana mixture into the dry ingredients until just combined and the batter looks thick and chunky.
- 5Spoon the batter into the loaf pan and smooth the surface with a spatula.
- 6Bake at 325°F until the loaf is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 70-75 minutes.
- 7Cool in the pan for about 5 minutes and then turn out and let cool on a wire rack.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Penzeys Banana Bread
Serving Size: 1 (99 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 213.1
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 51.8 mg
- Sodium 259.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 15.4 g
- Protein 3.8 g