Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Wanted to save this before it got lost again! Makes 2 pans.
- 1⁄4 cup smart balance margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter
- 4 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 3⁄4 cup skim milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium baking apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Divide butter evenly between two 9-inch pie plates and put them in the oven to melt the butter. Coat the bottom and sides of plates.
- Use a 4 cup measuring cup for the mixing bowl, if available. Beat eggs, flour, milk and salt on medium speed of a mixer for 1 minute.
- Arrange 1/2 of the apple slices in each pan. Pour 1/2 of the egg mixture over the apple slices in each pan.
- Mix the cinnamon and sugar together and sprinkle over the batter in each pan.
- Bake until puffed and golden brown, 20-25 minutes. Serve immediately, while still puffy, with warm syrup.