Recipe by Lennie
This old recipe is perfect for satisfying anyone with a sweet tooth.
Top Review by ~jb4~
Oh my God!! I have searched high and low for a recipe that was like my Grammy's and I have found it. This was easy to make and so amazing to eat. I put it on my cookie tray for a bit of a variation this year. You brought me back to my childhood. Thank you for the recipe!!!!
- 3 cups lightly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup evaporated milk, not lowfat
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease a 9-inch cake pan and set aside.
- In a saucepan, combine sugars, salt, evap milk (substitute cream if you wish) and butter; cook over medium heat, stirring, until sugars dissolve.
- Continue cooking, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking, until mixture reaches the soft-ball stage (236F on a candy thermometer).
- Remove from heat and let cool, without stirring, until the bottom of the pan is lukewarm and you can touch it; the mixture will be about 110F on a candy thermometer.
- With a wooden spoon and a strong arm, beat until mixture loses its gloss, then quickly stir in the nuts and vanilla.
- Pour into prepared pan and when completely cool, cut into squares.
- Make 1-1/2 lbs fudge.