Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This old recipe is perfect for satisfying anyone with a sweet tooth.
Make and share this Penuche Fudge recipe from Food.com.
- Grease a 9-inch cake pan and set aside.
- In a saucepan, combine sugars, salt, evap milk (substitute cream if you wish) and butter; cook over medium heat, stirring, until sugars dissolve.
- Continue cooking, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking, until mixture reaches the soft-ball stage (236F on a candy thermometer).
- Remove from heat and let cool, without stirring, until the bottom of the pan is lukewarm and you can touch it; the mixture will be about 110F on a candy thermometer.
- With a wooden spoon and a strong arm, beat until mixture loses its gloss, then quickly stir in the nuts and vanilla.
- Pour into prepared pan and when completely cool, cut into squares.
- Make 1-1/2 lbs fudge.