Monica in PA's Note:
Tasty low-fat grilled chicken dish and great for an informal barbecue with friends. I adapted this recipe from a magazine ad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 396.89 g can chicken broth
- 177.44 ml orange juice concentrate
- 29.58 ml red wine vinegar
- 14.79 ml jamaican caribbean jerk seasoning
- 9.85 ml finely shredded orange rind
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 6 skinless chicken breasts
- 19.71 ml cornstarch
- 709.77 ml hot cooked rice
- 59.14 ml sliced green onion
- orange slice (optional)
- grapefruit, slices (optional)
- 1In a non-metallic bowl, stir together broth, concentrate, vinegar, jerk seasoning, orange peel, and garlic.
- 2Cover and chill HALF of mixture for sauce.
- 3In a plastic bag set in a shallow dish, combine chicken and remaining half of orange mixture.
- 4Close bag and marinate in fridge for 2-24 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- 5Drain marinade and reserve.
- 6Place chicken on grill and brush with reserved marinade.
- 7Grill for 12-15 min.
- 8on medium heat.
- 9Discard this marinade.
- 10For sauce, combine remaining chilled orange mixture and cornstarch.
- 11Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly.
- 12Cook an additional 2 minutes more while stirring.
- 13Serve chicken over hot rice and garnish with fruit slices.
- 14Spoon sauce over chicken and fruit and garnish with green onions.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pensacola grilled chicken- spicy and sweet!
Serving Size: 1 (448 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 468.9
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 151.0 mg
- Sodium 494.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 13.5 g
- Protein 54.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
caribbean jerk seasoning