Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Tasty low-fat grilled chicken dish and great for an informal barbecue with friends. I adapted this recipe from a magazine ad.
- 396.89 g can chicken broth
- 177.44 ml orange juice concentrate
- 29.58 ml red wine vinegar
- 14.79 ml jamaican caribbean jerk seasoning
- 9.85 ml finely shredded orange rind
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 6 skinless chicken breasts
- 19.71 ml cornstarch
- 709.77 ml hot cooked rice
- 59.14 ml sliced green onion
- orange slice (optional)
- grapefruit, slices (optional)
- In a non-metallic bowl, stir together broth, concentrate, vinegar, jerk seasoning, orange peel, and garlic.
- Cover and chill HALF of mixture for sauce.
- In a plastic bag set in a shallow dish, combine chicken and remaining half of orange mixture.
- Close bag and marinate in fridge for 2-24 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- Drain marinade and reserve.
- Place chicken on grill and brush with reserved marinade.
- Grill for 12-15 min.
- on medium heat.
- Discard this marinade.
- For sauce, combine remaining chilled orange mixture and cornstarch.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly.
- Cook an additional 2 minutes more while stirring.
- Serve chicken over hot rice and garnish with fruit slices.
- Spoon sauce over chicken and fruit and garnish with green onions.
Great marinade for chicken. The thickened sauce is a nice finish to the dish with a wonderful orangey-spicy flavor.