Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Found in one of my cookbooks -- lots of nuts and veggies combined with long grain and wild rice.
Make and share this Penny's Pebble Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (6 ounce) package long grain and wild rice blend
- 1 (12 ounce) can white corn, drained
- 1 small cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 2 green onions, thinly chopped
- 1⁄3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup dry roasted sunflower seeds
- romaine lettuce
- 1⁄3 cup slivered almonds
- Prepare rice according to package instructions. Let cool to room temperature. Stir corn, cucumber, carrots, green onions and parsley into rice. Combine oil, lemon juice, garlic, dill weed, mustard and pepper in small bowl; mix well. Stir into rice mixture. Cover and chill several hours or overnight.
- Stir in sunflower seeds. Serve on lettuce-lined plates and sprinkle with almonds.