Prep 1 hr
Cook 5 mins
Christmas Cookies! A recipe your friends will ask for. Recipe does not double well - don't worry though, this makes lots!
- 2 tablespoons currants
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 2 teaspoons rum extract
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 425`.
- Combine Currants, Hot Water and Rum Extract in a small bowl; let stand for 1 hour.
- Cream Butter and Sugar together. Add Egg and beat till light and fluffy.
- Stir in Currant mixture and Flour.
- Drop flour in tiny mounds onto a greased cookie sheet. (Emphasis on TINY - these are supposed to be about the size of a penny after baking - Mounds should be about the size of a small grape).
- Bake at 425`for 5 Minutes (or until edges are golden).
- Cool on wire racks.