1/2 Photos of Penny’s Stuffed Bell Peppers
This is so good served over a little angel hair pasta with a simple green side salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 medium red bell peppers (medium-large) or 6 medium yellow bell peppers (medium-large)
- 2 cups brown rice, cooked and cooled
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh oregano leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 1/2 cups marinara sauce (homemade preferable)
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/4 lb ground pork
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, diced
- 2/3 cup fresh spinach leaves
- salt and pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1Cut the tops off of the peppers and scoop out seeds and membranes.
- 2Chop tops of peppers and onions, & garlic.
- 3Sauté until limp, 6 or 7 minutes.
- 4Add crumbled up meat and brown.
- 5Salt and pepper all the way through the process.
- 6Add herbs and ½ of the parsley and stir, cook on low to absorb herb flavors then set aside to cool.
- 7In a large bowl combine meat mixture, rice, cheeses, 1 Cup of Marinara, chopped spinach, remainder of parsley, and eggs.
- 8Mix and spoon into peppers.
- 9Put remainder of Marinara in saucepan with red wine and stir then place stuffed peppers in the sauce.
- 10Make sure the peppers fit snugly.
- 11Cover and cook on low simmer until the peppers are soft, about 30 minutes.
- 12Spoon sauce over peppers just before serving.
Browse Our Top Brown Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Brown Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Penny’s Stuffed Bell Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (522 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 741.4
- Calories from Fat 285
- Total Fat 31.7 g
- Saturated Fat 9.6 g
- Cholesterol 147.0 mg
- Sodium 894.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 77.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 20.4 g
- Protein 33.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: