Recipe by Courtney Elizabeth
I have alway felt that chocolate-covered strawberries are a classic signature of romance, especially the part where you feed it to your sweetie! I usually use very special, often expensive chocolate to make mine, but this time I had to settle for classic semi-sweet chocolate chips. I knew when I got, "Oh, what kind of chocolate is *this*?" from my BF, I knew the recipe was 'zaar worthy!
- 1 (12 ounce) bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 -4 tablespoons heavy whipping cream or 2 -4 tablespoons half-and-half
- 1⁄4 cup Kahlua (or to taste)
- 2 lbs fresh strawberries or 2 lbs fruit, for dipping
Directions See How It's Made
- In a double-boiler, completely melt chocolate until smooth consistency.
- Grab your patience.Add cream or half-and-half and kahula and gradually incorporate.
- Dip strawberries, generously coating each.
- Gently lay on wax-lined trays.
- Refrigerate for at least 20 minute.
- Once cooled, gently place end of strawberry to SO's lips.
- Observe smiles and repeat.