Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
Make fun of this if you wish, but this little country girl loves this stuff.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs red potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 10 hot dogs, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- salt and pepper
- In a Dutch oven, cook potatoes in salted boiling water until tender; drain.
- In a bowl, mix together potatoes, hot dogs, onion and peas.
- In another bowl, mix together soup, mustard, salt and pepper; stir into potato mixture.
- Pour into a 2 1/2 quart greased casserole.
- Bake, uncovered at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until heated through.
This is a comfort food for me. I have made it for years and my late husband would request it at least once a week.