Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is a delicious way of using up some of those tomatoes when your garden is bursting to full with them.
- 1 lb plum tomato, cut lengthwise into 1/2 inch slices
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Pat tomato slices dry with paper towel.
- Sprinkle on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Coat in flour.
- Melt butter in large frying pan and fry slices til lightly brown on bottom, about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with 2 TBS brown sugar and turn them over with a spatula.
- Sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- Cook until golden but still hold their shape, about 4 minutes longer.
- Transfer to a serving platter.
- Pour cream into skillet.
- Increase heat to medium high.
- Bring to boil stirring.
- Boil until sauce thickens, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour sauce over tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve hot.
This was unusual with the use of brown sugar and whipping cream together in a savory dish. The sauce was heavenly. I ate this up.