Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is now my favorite green bean casserole. I used to always make the good old favorite with the mushroom soup and fried onions on top. This is always a hit at our family holiday get togethers.
- Fry bacon to crisp, crumble.
- Leave 2 tbls drippings& brown onion lightly.
- Stir in cornstarch, salt& dry mustard.
- Drain beans, reserving 1/2 cup liquid.
- Stir liquid into skillet& cook, stirring until it starts to boil.
- Blend in brown sugar& vinegar.
- Add bean and heat through.
- Garnish with crumbled bacon& sliced egg.
- (I always double this recipe for family gatherings, if not, it will never be enough).