Recipe by That is Dr House to you
From Veggie Life. The one thing I miss about a no fat lifestyle was the Chicken Pot Pie Note: just chop the seitan into bite size chunks. Also note if you can find them buy eggless pot pie noodles or eggless southern dumplings [they both work]
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup unbleached white flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 1 large celery rib, diced
- 1 large potato, peeled and diced
- 7 ounces vacuum-packed corn
- 1 1⁄2 quarts vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon chicken flavor vegetable bouillon granules
- 12 ounces chicken seitan strips, julienned
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Noodles: In bowl whisk the egg and water. Add your flour and salt then stir until dough gathers into a ball. Knead 5 to 6 minutes. You want smooth and elastic. Cover and let rest.
- In a dutch oven combine the onion, carrot, celery, potato, corn, broth, water, bouillon and seitan. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Roll out the noodle dough. Cut into pot pie squares about 1 1/2 inch wide and 1/8 thick. Drop into soup. DO NOT SHAKE OFF THE FLOUR. In fact if the soup isn't thick enough to please you dump some more from the mixing bowl inches Now close the lid.
- Cook for about 10 minutes and like the dumpling recipe do not peek. Adjust the seasonings [salt, pepper, Mrs Dash] when done. Serve.
- For PA Dutch "Chicken" and dumplings use the sauerkraut dumpling recipe I posted under Philocrates.
- For Vegan omit the egg noodles and use eggless. Sorry I don't know of a sauerkraut dumpling that can be made without it. You could try the recipe I posted and omit but no promises.