While living in Germansville, PA this recipe was used often to make scrapple for the fire companies breakfasts and is a long time favorite.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Crumble pork sausage in a frying pan; add 4 cups water and heat to boiling.
- 2Reduce heat, cook for 20 minutes.
- 3Then drain meat, reserving 3 cups stock.
- 4Add salt and sage to stock, bring to boiling.
- 5Combine cornmeal and 1 cup of cold water.
- 6Gradually add stock, stirring constantly.
- 7Cover and cook over low heat for 10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- 8Then add sausage, stir it all together and pour into loaf pan.
- 9Refrigerate overnight.
- 10Next morning slice and fry until set.
- 11NOTE: Cooking time does not inclue refregerating over night.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pennsylvania Dutch Scrapple
Serving Size: 1 (249 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 307.7
- Calories from Fat 163
- Total Fat 18.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 79.9 mg
- Sodium 361.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 23.0 g