Recipe by morgainegeiser
While living in Germansville, PA this recipe was used often to make scrapple for the fire companies breakfasts and is a long time favorite.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs bulk pork sausage
- 4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sage
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup cold water
Directions See How It's Made
- Crumble pork sausage in a frying pan; add 4 cups water and heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat, cook for 20 minutes.
- Then drain meat, reserving 3 cups stock.
- Add salt and sage to stock, bring to boiling.
- Combine cornmeal and 1 cup of cold water.
- Gradually add stock, stirring constantly.
- Cover and cook over low heat for 10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Then add sausage, stir it all together and pour into loaf pan.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Next morning slice and fry until set.
- NOTE: Cooking time does not inclue refregerating over night.