Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
So easy, so creamy and so good. From my well worn copy of Best-Loved Pennsylvania Dutch Recipes. My DH and I ate at a restaurant yesterday where I had one bite of their terrible rice pudding - what a shame! There is no excuse for that since a good rice pudding is easy to make as long as you check on it every 15 minutes. The first time I made this I thought there was a typo since it looks like so little rice and so much milk, but the rice fluffs big time!
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients in a casserole dish.
- Bake for 2 hours, stirring every 15 minutes. Add more milk if mixture becomes dry.
- Cover with plastic wrap to prevent a "skin" from forming and refrigerate.
- Wonderful when sprinkled with a little cinnamon-sugar (no need to buy the expensive variety, make your own by mixing 1/2 cup sugar with 1 tablespoon cinnamon and store in a small jar).