Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
From the well-known Miller's Smorgasbord restaurant in Ronks, Pennsylvania. This is a delicious and filling dish that can help you use up leftover mashed potatoes. One of the easiest Potato Stuffing recipes ever.
- 1 large onion
- 4 stalks celery
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups bread cubes
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 cups mashed potatoes (leftovers are fine)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Finely chop the onion and celery.
- Saute onion and celery in butter.
- Add bread cubes, beaten eggs, chicken broth, salt and pepper.
- Add mashed potatoes.
- Bake in a casserole dish for 30 minutes, until golden brown on top.
I grew up as a Pennsylvanian - Pennsylvania Dutch. Have been make this recipe for years and since my family is gone, I've always wondered how close I get to the original recipe. It's exact. I had if for so long, I'm addicted to it. There are wonderful recipes out there for stuffing but I always come back to this one. Only thing I've never added is the chicken broth but I will do so in the future.