Top Review by bev donnelly
i haven't made this yet....but, have been searching (frantically) for the potato soup recipe my 95 year old grandmonther used to make. obviously she can't quite remember how to make it; but, this is the closest i've found....i remember her measuring the milk for the dumplings in the "large half" of the broken egg shell. will let you know, but, i'm sure this is it! thanks!!!
- 8 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 32 ounces milk
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 2 -4 tablespoons milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook potatoes and onion in boiling salted water until tender- drain.
- Add 1 quart of milk to potatoes and heat, and then blend in the salt, pepper and parsley.
- Cut butter into flour- blend together the egg and milk using only enough milk to make the mixture thin enough to drop into the hot soup.
- Cover and cook about 10 minutes.
- Serve at once.