3 hrs 30 mins
Old time, simple recipe for pork and sauerkraut. Delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (10 -15 lb) pork shoulder
- 4 lbs sauerkraut, with juice (canned or bagged)
- salt and pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Rinse pork and place in large roasting pan.
- 3Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- 4Cover with 1/3 of the sauerkraut.
- 5Cover roasting pan and put in oven for 1 1/2 hours.
- 6Remove from oven and add another 1/3 of sauerkraut.
- 7Cover and put back in oven for another hour.
- 8Remove from oven and add the remaining sauerkraut.
- 9Cover and put back in oven for another hour.
- 10Remove from oven and enjoy! Mashed potatoes are a must with this dish.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pennsylvania Dutch Pork and Sauerkraut
Serving Size: 1 (635 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1381.2
- Calories from Fat 920
- Total Fat 102.3 g
- Saturated Fat 35.4 g
- Cholesterol 402.5 mg
- Sodium 1869.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 99.4 g