Fried sausages or hot smoked sausages are placed on top of this hot slaw. Serve them with plenty of mashed potatoes. Yummy! Prep time is approximate.
- Melt butter in a large frying pan.
- Add cabbage and stir until well coated with fat.
- Cook 5-8 minutes over low heat, stirring often.
- The cabbage should be softened, but not fried.
- Place in a warm bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and toss together until thoroughly blended.
This is very good! It has a very mild un-cabbagey flavor that if topped with a little vinegar would taste like excellently cooked sauerkraut, but without, is mild enough for anyone who dislikes either cabbage or kraut. I served this with grilled smoked sausage. Thanks for sharing!
I found this a delightful cabbage recipe, I cooked exactly as per the recipe and it was perfect, colour as well. I do think the sour cream is what makes this recipe stand out from other cabbage recipes. Will definately be making this again.
This was very easy to make, and enjoyable. I did cook the cabbage a bit longer, so it was limper than the chef probably intended, but I liked it that way.