Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Serve this over greens; a great side dish for upcoming traditional holiday dinners, a Polish or German dinner or any meal.
- 3 slices bacon, crisp and chopped
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- salad greens (lettuce, endive, spinach or dandelion)
- chopped onion (optional)
- Cook bacon until crisp; remove and chop.
- Add to greens.
- Add all other ingredients to the beaten egg and pour into the hot bacon fat and cook until thickened.
- Serve over greens, and add a little bit of chopped onion to salad, if desired.
This is a great dressing, in the south, they add chopped tomatoes and put it over biscuits, or without tomatoes, put it over a baked potato
This was my first time trying this, so I wasn't sure what to expect, but it was really good! We served it over spinach, feta, strawberries, and almonds. Thanks!
I grew up on this stuff, too. I love this dressing. It is tangy and sweet and goes so well over ice cold lettuce or greens. Sometimes we'll put slice hard-cooked eggs in the greens as well, but the highlight of the salad is this dressing. My advice: make a double batch! :) Thanx for posting!