3 hrs 30 mins
Very flavorful, easy to make, hearty soup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil ham shanks for 3 hours in large pot.
- 2Remove ham shanks and set aside to cool.
- 3Cut potatoes into quarters, with or without skin, and add to broth.
- 4Quarter the head of cabbage and wash. Add to pot and bring to boil.
- 5Clean the cooled ham shanks, removing the meat from the bone and add to the pot.
- 6Boil another 1/2 hour and let cool for 1/2 hour.
- 7Serve. Vinegar can be added if preferred. I never add salt because the ham adds enough.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pennsylvania Dutch Ham & Cabbage Soup
Serving Size: 1 (184 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 118.0
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 265.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 3.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
smoked pork shanks