- 6 slices bacon
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 lb fresh green beans, cut into short lengths and cooked or 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen cut green beans or 2 (1 lb) canscut string beans, cooked
- 1 cup fresh water (or water from cooked frozen bean or 1/2 cup liquid from can plus 1/2 cup water)
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry bacon until crisp and drain on paper towel.
- Saute onion in bacon fat until golden.In small bowl, mix cornstarch, salt, mustard,sugar and vinegar.
- Add liquid from beans and beat until smooth.
- Add this mixture to bacon fat in pan and boil until thickened slightly.
- Add green beans and stir well.
- Crush bacon and sprinkle on top.
- May be garnished with sliced hard cooked egg.