Recipe by Kat's Mom
An easy way to make an old favorite. We like ours with some white pepper added. From my disintegrating Best-Loved Pennsylvania Dutch Recipes booklet. NOTE: This dish is not for those who are salt-restricted. Soak the dried beef in water first if you wish to remove some saltiness. Prep time is a guess-timate and includes cooking time. (I will make this again and confirm).
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a frying pan.
- Brown the dried beef in hot butter.
- Sprinkle flour over beef and continue cooking until beef and flour are well-browned.
- Stirring constantly, slowly pour in milk and bring to a boil.
- Serve on toast, noodles or mashed potatoes.