Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
this is the MOISTEST crumb cake I have ever tried. it's my mother-in-law's recipe, and I just can't get enough of this, and I usually don't like crumb cake.
- Sift flour, baking power, salt, sugar and soda.
- Cut in butter until mixture has the consistency of course meal or small peas.
- Reserve about 1 1/2 cups of this mixture.
- Combine the eggs, milk and extracts and stire into the remainder of the dry blend.
- Pour into 2 well-buttered 10-inch pie pans.
- Brush the top of the dough w/ butter and sprinkle with the reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until cake is done.
I pulled this recipe off this site in 2004 and have been making it ever since. It's an excellent moist cake that goes great with coffee or tea. I also make it in a 9x13 pan and bake for 40 min at 350. I add a cup of chopped pecans to the topping. It's a family favorite. Thanks Lee
Delicious cake! So moist and melt in your mouth and we love the little crumb topping! I halved the recipe and made in muffin pans instead of the pie pan so I could have individual servings for lunch packing. I filled the paper baking cups almost 2/3 full before adding the topping and they baked up great in 15 minutes time. Using half the recipe written, I got 14 cup"cakes" :) Thanks for sharing! Made for PAC Spring 09
Ok, I made the cake in a 9"X13" pan. We'll keep the 5 stars. Very good flavor. Wish there were more crumbs on top, but, that's because I love struesly tops :) Followed the recipe exactly and used fresh bp and bs. I can't imagine using 10" pans because it didn't raise to the top in 1 pan.
One unimportant change I made, I grated a small amount of cinnamon and nutmeg over the crumbs before baking. Hubby had a piece on our coffee break and declared it a keeper. Photo to follow.