Recipe by Pansori
this is the MOISTEST crumb cake I have ever tried. it's my mother-in-law's recipe, and I just can't get enough of this, and I usually don't like crumb cake.
Top Review by Chef Binkie
I pulled this recipe off this site in 2004 and have been making it ever since. It's an excellent moist cake that goes great with coffee or tea. I also make it in a 9x13 pan and bake for 40 min at 350. I add a cup of chopped pecans to the topping. It's a family favorite. Thanks Lee
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2-2⁄3 cup butter
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift flour, baking power, salt, sugar and soda.
- Cut in butter until mixture has the consistency of course meal or small peas.
- Reserve about 1 1/2 cups of this mixture.
- Combine the eggs, milk and extracts and stire into the remainder of the dry blend.
- Pour into 2 well-buttered 10-inch pie pans.
- Brush the top of the dough w/ butter and sprinkle with the reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until cake is done.