Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
This delicious recipe is similar to a Corn Pie which DH and I purchased at Kissel of Stauffer Hill a superb supermarket in Lancaster PA. It has the same ingredients as Chicken Corn Soup, another Pennsylvania Dutch traditional recipe.I found the recipe on another recipe site.
- 1 potato, large, peeled and chopped
- 425.24 g whole kernel corn, drained
- 425.24 g cream-style corn
- 3 eggs, hard cooked, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 118.29 ml milk
- 14.79 ml butter
- 425.24 g ready to use pie crusts
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahreneheit.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, stir the potato, corn, creamed corn, hard cooked eggs, salt and pepper, and milk.
- Cook on low heat for 20 minutes.
- Press 1 pie crust in bottom and sides of a 9 inch pan.
- Pour hot filling into crust.
- Dot with pieces of butter.
- Cover with top crust and flute edges to seal.
- Cut slits in the top crust to allow steam to escape.
- Place on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes @ 425 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Reduce oven to 350 degrees for 10 minutes.