1 hr 10 mins
This delicious recipe is similar to a Corn Pie which DH and I purchased at Kissel of Stauffer Hill a superb supermarket in Lancaster PA. It has the same ingredients as Chicken Corn Soup, another Pennsylvania Dutch traditional recipe.I found the recipe on another recipe site.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahreneheit.
- 2In a medium saucepan over medium heat, stir the potato, corn, creamed corn, hard cooked eggs, salt and pepper, and milk.
- 3Cook on low heat for 20 minutes.
- 4Press 1 pie crust in bottom and sides of a 9 inch pan.
- 5Pour hot filling into crust.
- 6Dot with pieces of butter.
- 7Cover with top crust and flute edges to seal.
- 8Cut slits in the top crust to allow steam to escape.
- 9Place on a cookie sheet.
- 10Bake for 30 minutes @ 425 degrees for 30 minutes.
- 11Reduce oven to 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pennsylvania Dutch Corn Pie
Serving Size: 1 (224 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 536.6
- Calories from Fat 251
- Total Fat 27.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 100.9 mg
- Sodium 846.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 11.7 g