Prep 10 mins
Cook 16 mins
Cook's Country Recipe with adjustments.
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen corn, thawed
- 1 (8 ounce) can creamed corn
- 8 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, sliced thin
- salt and pepper
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts or 12 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 cups egg noodles
- 1⁄3 cup milk or 1⁄3 cup half-and-half
- 1. Combine 2 c corn and 2 c broth in blender and puree till smooth. Melt butter in Dutch oven over med-high heat. Cook onion,celery,remaining corn and 1/2 tsp salt until softened,5 - 7 minutes.
- 2. Stir in remaining broth,chicken noodles and pureed corn mixture. Bring to boil, then reduce heat to med. and simmer until noodles are tender, and chicken is cooked through,6-8 minutes Season with salt and pepper and serve.