Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
These are great little treats to give away for Easter. Warning: you may end up eating most of them before giving them away!
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted mashed potatoes
- 2 cups flaked coconut (fresh or dried)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- In a mixing bowl, mix potato, coconut, salt, and vanilla.
- Gradually mix in sugar.
- Cover; refrigerate overnight.
- Shape into 1/2 tablesppon-size eggs.
- Heat chocolate and oil until chocolate melts.
- Dip eggs into chocolate-oil mixture.
- Set aside of wax paper in refrigerator to harden.