Prep 20 mins
Cook 7 hrs 30 mins
A recipe from my neck of the woods.
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups yukon gold potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 cups butternut squash, peeled and diced
- 2 cups diced carrots
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen small whole onions
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 skinless chicken thighs or 3 -4 skinless chicken breast halves
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 package egg noodles
- Combine soup, potatoes, squach, carrots, onions, corn, celery, dill, salt and pepper in a large 6 quart crockpot; stir well.
- Add chicken on top of soup mixture.
- Cook on Low for 6 to 7 hours.
- I place 3-4 frozen chicken breast halves in to the crockpot.
- By adding frozen chicken at the beginning, this helps from having dried out chicken.
- Remove chicken to cutting board and skim off fat from soup mixture.
- In a small mixing bowl, blend together flour and water.
- Next, stir in sour cream.
- Add this mixture to soup that is in the crockpot.
- Cook for an additional 30 minutes until soup mixture thickens.
- Shred meat and add this along with peas to crockpot for the last 30 minutes.
- Serve over hot cooked egg noodles.