Recipe by Mariah
I have not yet made this recipe, and can't remember where I found it, but wanted to post it before I lose it. I can't wait until the weather cools off so that I can try it. Lots of yummy flavors in this one!
Top Review by Sharon F.
I found this recipe in a McCall's magazine at least 20 years ago. Every one in the family loves it, so easy to make in the crockpot on a chilly fall day. I lost it and was in a panic as our cool fall days are starting and I wanted to make it. Did a search and shocked to find it. I don't put in the butternut squash, simply because the first time I made it, I didn't have any and didn't want to run to the store. But we love squash so might try it that way today.
- 2 (11 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups diced potatoes
- 2 cups diced peeled butternut squash
- 2 cups sliced carrots
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen pearl onions
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 skinless chicken thighs, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 cup frozen baby peas, thawed
- cooked egg noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- In 5 qt crockpot, combine soup, potatoes, squash, carrots, corn, celery, dill, salt, and pepper. Top with thighs, bone side up.
- Cover and cook on low 6-7 hours.
- Remove thighs to cool. Skim fat from crockpot.
- In small bowl, combine flour and water. Add sour cream. Stir into veggies. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes.
- Shred chicken and add to stew. Add peas. Serve on noodles.