1 hr 20 mins
Shiloh Brown's Note:
I am not sure where this recipe orginally came from but I received it from the real cook in the house! I added more corn and if you would like more or less chicken-depending on taste. Even I, NOT a cook, made this and it turned out GREAT!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 -12 cups chicken stock
- 3 chicken breasts, cut into serving pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 3/4 cups short wide egg noodles
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels or 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1Bring to a boil in a soup pot: first 6 ingredients.
- 2Skim the impurities from the surface.
- 3Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until the chicken is well cooked, about 1 hour (I used frozen breast that cooked in about 30 minutes).
- 4Remove the chicken, shred the meat, and set aside.
- 5(At this point you can remove the surface fat with a small ladle.) Bring the stock to a boil.
- 6Stir in: Noodles and Corn.
- 7Cook, stirring occasionally, until the noodles are tender but firm.
- 8Stir in the shredded chicken along with: Eggs and parsley.
- 9Ladle into warm bowls and serve with dinner rolls.
Browse Our Top Stocks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pennsylvania Dutch Chicken Corn Soup
Serving Size: 1 (272 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 218.3
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 83.0 mg
- Sodium 626.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 17.9 g