Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I am not sure where this recipe orginally came from but I received it from the real cook in the house! I added more corn and if you would like more or less chicken-depending on taste. Even I, NOT a cook, made this and it turned out GREAT!
- 10 -12 cups chicken stock
- 3 chicken breasts, cut into serving pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 3⁄4 cups short wide egg noodles
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels or 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Bring to a boil in a soup pot: first 6 ingredients.
- Skim the impurities from the surface.
- Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until the chicken is well cooked, about 1 hour (I used frozen breast that cooked in about 30 minutes).
- Remove the chicken, shred the meat, and set aside.
- (At this point you can remove the surface fat with a small ladle.) Bring the stock to a boil.
- Stir in: Noodles and Corn.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until the noodles are tender but firm.
- Stir in the shredded chicken along with: Eggs and parsley.
- Ladle into warm bowls and serve with dinner rolls.
This recipe was very good and easy! I has some leftover chicken and stock so I used this recipe as a reference to put together my chicken corn soup. It turned out wonderful! Thanks for providing this!