Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 2 hrs
Cook 30 mins
Hearty, easy to make and full of flavor. Perfect on a chilly Sunday.
Make and share this Pennsylvania Dutch Chicken Corn Noodle Soup recipe from Food.com.
- Rinse chicken and place in large pot and cover with water.
- Add salt.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 1 1/2 hours.
- Slice celery and carrots and chop the onions and parsley.
- Remove chicken and set aside to cool.
- Add celery, carrots, corn and onion.
- Remove chicken meat from bone. Discard bones and skin and add meat to the pot.
- Bring back to boil and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add egg noodles and chopped parsley.
- Bring back to boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Turn off heat and allow to sit for 15 minutes.
- Add addional water if needed to desired consitency.
- Add additional salt to taste if needed.
Delicious! Thanks so much for sharing.
I love this soup. Very yummy! Sometimes I add some peas, or green beans if I don't have celery or carrots even. I always, always add hard boiled eggs (the white part that is!) Thanks for sharing this recipe.
I make this soup all the time and my family loves it!