Recipe by Miss Annie
A fine recipe for a Sunday breakfast or brunch. Serve with fresh fruit.
Top Review by love4culinary
This was excellent with my blueberry sauce poured over it!!! :-) I then made it with peaches and cream and boy oh boy was that a treat. Yummy yummy! Its simple and easy, but very enjoyable. Thanks!
- 4 cups flour
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder and butter until fine crumbs.
- Take out 1 cup of crumbs for top of cakes, and set aside.
- Then add to remaining crumbs, 2 eggs, milk and vanilla.
- Mix until smooth.
- Pour into 3 (8-inch) greased cake pans.
- Sprinkle crumbs over batter.
- Bake at 350ºF.
- for 40 minutes or until done.