A fine recipe for a Sunday breakfast or brunch. Serve with fresh fruit.
Make and share this Pennsylvania Dutch Breakfast Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder and butter until fine crumbs.
- Take out 1 cup of crumbs for top of cakes, and set aside.
- Then add to remaining crumbs, 2 eggs, milk and vanilla.
- Mix until smooth.
- Pour into 3 (8-inch) greased cake pans.
- Sprinkle crumbs over batter.
- Bake at 350ºF.
- for 40 minutes or until done.
This was excellent with my blueberry sauce poured over it!!! :-) I then made it with peaches and cream and boy oh boy was that a treat. Yummy yummy! Its simple and easy, but very enjoyable. Thanks!
This is a fantastic breakfast cake. My family and friends LOVE it. DH is a chocoholic so he pours chocolate syrup on top of it while it's still warm. Have to admit it is really good that way also. Thanks for a wonderful recipe.