Recipe by Bridget Elaine
This is an amalgamation of recipes that I have tried over the years. Every time I make this recipe and take it to work everyone says it is the best chili they ever had.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs ground beef
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 1 green bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 poblano pepper (chopped)
- 2 stalks celery (chopped)
- 5 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans beef broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon hot Mexican chili powder (McCormick makes it)
- 1 tablespoon cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 -2 tablespoon Frank's red hot sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot start browning ground beef.
- When beef is half done add all veg. to pot.
- When veg. are half done add remaining ingredients excluding the tomato paste.
- Bring to a boil over high heat stirring often.
- Lower heat to simmer and let cook for 2 to 6 hours stirring often (the longer then better).
- If chili is not thick enough for you add the tomato paste.
- If you want to add beans go ahead, but this chili is great without them!