Recipe by jonesies
This is a wonderful staple of the Pennsylvania Coal Region. It has the traditional "sweet and sour" taste.
Top Review by Deely
I've been trying to find this recipe for years! Thank you so much for posting...Mom never wrote it down. The only change I made was to use spicy brown mustard instead of yellow. I love it and so does DH. Excellent!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons prepared yellow mustard
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup
- 6 hamburger buns
Directions See How It's Made
- Crumble the ground beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion; cook and stir until meat is no longer pink.
- Drain excess grease, and stir in the vinegar, brown sugar, mustard, ketchup, salt and pepper.
- Simmer over medium heat for about 15 minutes.
- Serve on buns.