Recipe by Steve P.
This is a pretty simple and tastey Casserole wich is quite easy to put together. Makes an excellent potluck supper
Top Review by Jessica S.
I followed the recipe using cheddar cheese, but I think velveeta would do better. The casserole had a "grainy" texture. I would also spice it up as my husband and I thought it was quite bland. I don't think I'll make this again.
- 0.5 (16 ounce) package egg noodles, cooked
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups celery, chopped
- canned mushroom pieces
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper
- 1 (4 ounce) jar pimientos, drained, diced
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, toasted, slivered
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, heat oil.
- Add celery, peppers and onion.
- Cook until tender.
- Stir in soup, milk, sour cream and cheese.
- heat on low until cheese melts.
- Combine noodles, cheese sauce, chicken, mushrooms, pimento and seasonings.
- Pour into 3-qt baking dish and top with almonds.
- Bake in 350ºF oven for 40 minutes or until hot and bubbly.