Prep 35 mins
Cook 12 hrs
This recipe has been passed down from my greatgrand mother and I have been cooking it this way for close to 50 years. Its made with country style spare ribs which are much more tender than the loin meat. I have been making this for the last 6 years for the residents of the apartment complex where I live.I keep having to increase the amounts as everyone wants to take home leftovers.
- put the oil in a large sauce pan and brown the rib until nicely browned.
- move the ribs to a large slow cooker add the stock or water to cover and cook until the meat falls off the bone. 6-8 hours on high.
- Remove the bones and fat from the meat and ladle off the fat from the stock. You can chill the stock until fat solidiffies.
- Peal ,core and chop apples, peal and slice onion.
- Place the meat back in the stock pot with the stock and add the onion,apples,spices and sauerkraut add enough water to cover and cook on high for another 4 hours.Take the Polish sausages and slice into 2 inches sections and submerge sausage into pot and cook for an extra 1/2 hour just until hot. Serve with mashed potatoes and slices of hearty type bread to soak up all the wonderful sauce.