Recipe by Ozzzie
Lovely fresh tasting pasta dish. Serve with a salad and garlic bread. So quick and easy!
Top Review by skyra
AWESOME! I tripled the garlic, added a small can of crushed tomatoes and a splash of balsamic vinegar. Next time I will use a nice dry wine rather than the vinegar and see how that tastes :) It was served with homemade garlic toast and a caesar salad. All 4 of my kiddos loved it.
- 500 g penne pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 chorizo sausage
- 3 -4 medium zucchini, coarsely grated
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or finely chopped
- 250 g fresh ricotta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh basil
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta in boiling water as per packet directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large fry pan heat half olive oil over medium heat.
- Cook sausages in pan for about 4 minutes or until browned, turning occasionally.
- Remove sausages and drain oil.
- Heat remaining oil in same pan, again over medium heat.
- Cook zucchini and garlic in fry pan for about 7 minutes or until zucchini softens.
- Slice sausages diagonally into thin pieces.
- To zucchini add pasta, ricotta cheese, basil and sausages.
- Stir over low heat until well combined and heated through.
- Season with salt and pepper if desired.