Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
This is wonderful with garden fresh tomatoes.
Top Review by Irmgard
I used a little less olive oil, a 28 oz. can of whole tomatoes, dried basil and added a chopped onion which I sauteed with the garlic. I also stirred some grated Parmesan into the pasta before serving. This is really tasty and easy to make and it makes A LOT! I look forward to at least one more dinner from this and maybe lunch one day as well!
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 -3 cups canned cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, cored, and cut into thin wedges
- 1⁄2 cup lightly packed fresh basil, torn into pieces
- 1 lb penne pasta, cooked al dente and drained (reserve 1/3 cup cooking water)
- grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, heat oil over low heat; add in garlic; stir/saute for about 2 minutes or until the garlic begins to sizzle and turn golden.
- Add in the beans, tomatoes, basil, salt and pepper; stir to combine and until heated through.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the pasta, bean mixture, and reserved cooking water; toss.
- Sprinkle with cheese and serve.