Trying to find new pasta dishes besides the usual spaghetti and meatballs. I think this was originally posted in Eating Well Magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces whole wheat penne
- 2 ounces piece capicola or 2 ounces pancetta, finely diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 cup vodka
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup half-and-half
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- fresh ground pepper
- 1Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- 2Cook penne until just tender, 12 minutes or according to package directions.
- 3Meanwhile, cook capicola (or pancetta) in a large saucepan over medium heat until crisp, about 4 minutes.
- 4Drain on a paper towel.
- 5Return the saucepan to medium-low heat; add onion and garlic and cook until the onion is translucent, about 1 minute.
- 6Increase heat to high; add vodka and bring to a boil.
- 7Boil until reduced by about half, about 2 minutes.
- 8Stir in tomatoes, half-and-half, Worcestershire sauce and crushed red pepper to taste; reduce to a simmer and cook until thickened, about 10 minutes.
- 9Drain the pasta; serve topped with the sauce and sprinkled with the capicola (or pancetta), basil and pepper.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Penne With Vodka Sauce & Capicola
Serving Size: 1 (234 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 305.5
- Calories from Fat 21
- Total Fat 2.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 3.7 mg
- Sodium 202.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.5 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 11.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: