Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Low calorie version of the original....tastes great and is quick and easy.
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup vodka
- 1 (8 ounce) can evaporated milk (skim is great, or use regular or low fat)
- Start boiling water for pasta, add a teaspoon of salt if you wish In large skillet sprayed with Pam, saute minced garlic, red pepper flakes pinch of salt.
- Cook over low heat till things sizzle a little but don't let garlic burn.
- Add tomatoes.
- Stir Start cooking pasta in boiling water.
- Let sauce cook about 15 minutes or until it thickens slightly.
- Drain pasta and add to sauce.
- Add vodka.
- Add milk, cover, reduce heat and simmer a few minutes to let sauce get absorbed.
- Toss and serve.
I think there may have been a mistake for the amount of vodka listed. I didn't taste right at all! Next time I will use only half of the vodka required or maybe even less.