Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A coworker gave me this recipe. It's delicious. Imagine my surprise when a few years later I saw the same recipe on the side of a pasta box! Oh, well - still one of our favorites!
- 1 tablespoon corn oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream or 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons vodka
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 lb cooked medium shrimp (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces penne rigate, cooked and drained (3-1/3 cups)
- In a large skillet, heat corn oil over medium-low heat.
- Add garlic, stirring constantly, cook one minute.
- Stir in tomato sauce, cream, vodka, basil and oregano.
- Cook 8 minutes.
- Stir in shrimp (optional) and Parmesan cheese; heat through.
- Toss with penne.
We love this recipe and have used it for years! Sometimes we sub chicken for the shrimp. Also, to give it a little extra kick, we soak a halved jalapeno pepper in the vodka and then strain it out before adding the vodka to the sauce. It gives the sauce a nice zip! Everyone loved this very tasty dish at our family gathering over the weekend. Thank you!