Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
A lighter version of Penne & Vodka Sauce
Make and share this Penne With Vodka Cream Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 6 ounces penne pasta
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons reduced-calorie margarine
- 3 medium shallots, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons vodka
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley, minced
- 1 1⁄4 tablespoons parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook the penne according to package directions. Drain and place in a serving bowl; keep warm.
- Place a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat 30 seconds; melt the margarine 30 seconds more. Add the shallots; cook, stirring frequently, 2-3 minutes, until softened. Add the broth, tomato paste and pepper flakes; cook, stirring constantly, about 1 minute, until combined.
- Reduce the heat to low. Add the cream and vodka; cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes, until heated through; do not let the mixture boil. Pour the sauce over the penne and toss to coat. Sprinkle with the parsley and cheese. Divide evenly among 4 plates and serve.