- 29.58 ml butter
- 2.46 ml red pepper flakes
- 3-4 clove garlic, minced
- 44.37 ml tomato paste (plus 4 tbsp. water)
- 44.37 ml vodka
- 236.59 ml heavy cream
- 118.29 ml freshly grated parmesan cheese
- freshly ground white pepper (to taste)
- 453.59 g penne, uncooked
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta in boiling salted water for 8-9 minutes or until al dente; drain and keep warm.
- Melt butter in a large deep skillet or frypan.
- Add the red pepper flakes and garlic, and saute until fragrant.
- Add the tomato paste and stir in the water, mixing well.
- Simmer over low heat for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add more water if needed to prevent sticking, but mixture should be fairly dry before adding cream.
- Add the vodka, and simmer 3 minutes.
- Stir cream into sauce, and when hot, add parmesan cheese.
- Add cooked penne to pan, and toss with sauce to coat pasta.
- Place on serving platter and serve with additional grated parmesan, if desired.