1/1 Photo of Penne with Vodka
Sue Lau's Note:
Creamy and just a little spicy, but not too much.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook pasta in boiling salted water for 8-9 minutes or until al dente; drain and keep warm.
- 2Melt butter in a large deep skillet or frypan.
- 3Add the red pepper flakes and garlic, and saute until fragrant.
- 4Add the tomato paste and stir in the water, mixing well.
- 5Simmer over low heat for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- 6Add more water if needed to prevent sticking, but mixture should be fairly dry before adding cream.
- 7Add the vodka, and simmer 3 minutes.
- 8Stir cream into sauce, and when hot, add parmesan cheese.
- 9Add cooked penne to pan, and toss with sauce to coat pasta.
- 10Place on serving platter and serve with additional grated parmesan, if desired.
Browse Our Top Penne Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Penne with Vodka
Serving Size: 1 (145 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 753.2
- Calories from Fat 304
- Total Fat 33.8 g
- Saturated Fat 19.8 g
- Cholesterol 107.7 mg
- Sodium 353.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 95.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.1 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 15.2 g