Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Creamy and just a little spicy, but not too much.
Make and share this Penne with Vodka recipe from Food.com.
- Cook pasta in boiling salted water for 8-9 minutes or until al dente; drain and keep warm.
- Melt butter in a large deep skillet or frypan.
- Add the red pepper flakes and garlic, and saute until fragrant.
- Add the tomato paste and stir in the water, mixing well.
- Simmer over low heat for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add more water if needed to prevent sticking, but mixture should be fairly dry before adding cream.
- Add the vodka, and simmer 3 minutes.
- Stir cream into sauce, and when hot, add parmesan cheese.
- Add cooked penne to pan, and toss with sauce to coat pasta.
- Place on serving platter and serve with additional grated parmesan, if desired.
This was my first time trying a vodka sauce and it tasted great! This is a hearty and filling meal...thanks for posting!