1/1 Photo of Penne with Vodka
Sue Lau's Note:
Creamy and just a little spicy, but not too much.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook pasta in boiling salted water for 8-9 minutes or until al dente; drain and keep warm.
- 2Melt butter in a large deep skillet or frypan.
- 3Add the red pepper flakes and garlic, and saute until fragrant.
- 4Add the tomato paste and stir in the water, mixing well.
- 5Simmer over low heat for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- 6Add more water if needed to prevent sticking, but mixture should be fairly dry before adding cream.
- 7Add the vodka, and simmer 3 minutes.
- 8Stir cream into sauce, and when hot, add parmesan cheese.
- 9Add cooked penne to pan, and toss with sauce to coat pasta.
- 10Place on serving platter and serve with additional grated parmesan, if desired.
Browse Our Top Penne Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Penne Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Penne with Vodka
Serving Size: 1 (145 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 753.2
- Calories from Fat 304
- Total Fat 33.8 g
- Saturated Fat 19.8 g
- Cholesterol 107.7 mg
- Sodium 353.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 95.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.1 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 15.2 g