Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I can't recommend this recipe enough. It is so simple to make and so delicious.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 59.14 ml butter
- 158.51 ml vodka
- 177.44 ml tomato puree
- 236.59 ml cream
- 141.74 g cooked ham, chopped fine
- 0.13 ml Tabasco sauce, to taste
- 453.59 g penne
- 177.44 ml grated parmesan cheese
- Cook onion and garlic in butter over moderate heat, stirring, for 5 minutes, or until softened; add vodka and cook over moderately-high heat for 4 minutes.
- Add puree and cream and cook over moderate heat, stirring, for 5 minutes.
- Stir in ham, Tabasco and salt to taste.
- Cook penne until al dente.
- In a large serving bowl, toss penne with sauce.
- Sprinkle Parmesan over and serve immediately.
Thanks Evelyn for this delicious pasta dish!
We prepared this for Valentine's Day using fusilli instead of penne.
This is a thousand star recipe for all pasta lover!
WOW and a big thanks from all of us 4!
I prepared the parmesan in this way:
Sprinkle cheese in the center of a skillet into a disk shape in pan.
Using a spatula shape to hearth.
Allow cheese to get slightly golden underneath, then carefully remove it using the spatula.
This was sooooo good! The only changes I made were adding garlic and a bit of fresh rosemary with the onion and butter. I can hardly wait to make this again!
There is not much to say about this simple tasy dish except that the only thing I did different was adding some fresh garlic, was generous with the Tabasco and that I will make this again!