Recipe by Hey Jude
I can whip up a pot of this in under 1/2 hour, making this a terrific after-work recipe. Serve with a salad and maybe some crusty bread, if you're really hungry.
- 8 ounces penne pasta
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 slices bacon, diced
- 1 1⁄4 cups diced cooked turkey or 1 1⁄4 cups cooked chicken
- 2⁄3 cup reduced-sodium turkey broth or 2⁄3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 ounces camembert cheese, cut in small bits
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook penne according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook onion and bacon in a medium-sized saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring often, until bacon is browned, about 4 minutes.
- Add turkey; cook 1 minute.
- Reduce heat to medium; add turkey broth and Camembert.
- Cook just until cheese melts.
- Stir in pasta, whipping cream, and basil and salt and black pepper to taste.