Recipe by Cookin-jo
Top this with homemade croutons for an interesting crunch or with parmesan cheese. I love the olives and capers in this but leave them out if you don't like them. Increase the red pepper flakes if you like heat.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 sweet red peppers, roasted, peeled and diced (may use jarred)
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (7 ounce) can tuna in water, drained
- 3 tablespoons black olives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- salt, to taste
- 1 lb dry penne pasta
- 1⁄4 cup Italian parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large, deep skillet.
- Add garlic and red pepper flakes and cook 1-2 minutes, not browning.
- Add sweet peppers, tomatoes and tuna.
- Simmer 10 minutes, until sauce thickens.
- Add olives, capers, vinegar and pepper.
- While sauce simmers, cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Toss pasta with the sauce and sprinkle with parsley.
- Top with croutons or parmesan cheese if desired.