- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 (15 ounce) can plum tomatoes
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
- 3 anchovy fillets
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) can tuna
- 1⁄2 lb penne
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a frying pan, add onions and saute 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, cook until onions start to brown.
- Add anchovies.
- Crush them with a spoon.
- Add tomatoes, simmer covered to form a sauce about 15 minutes.
- Drain the tuna and break into large flakes; add tuna to sauce with a little pepper (anchovies and tuna are already salty).
- Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Juices will evaporate and sauce will thicken.